Wednesday, April 13, 2005

End of a Long Day

So today was a long day. I had to work until midnight last night, and had to be at work at 8:30am!

Providence

the day started off nicely though, calling my sweet fiancee in the morning, our nice morning conversation, and then me heading to work. work was alright, kinda busy. we have an interim manager right now while our manager recovers from breathing problems. this interim manager happens to be a by-the-book sort of fellar, so he wasn't happy with me or budging an inch in regards to giving me overtime for working the late hours last night, and he was hesitating about giving me overtime for next tuesday, which is fine. i just won't help him anymore in that regard. the overtime is to cover the shifts of another coworker who broke her wrist, and is out TWO MONTHS!!! yet she can drive her car and come in to work and check her email. wassup wit' dat! oh well, i left early today because i had interviews at Simmons College in Boston.

Boston

I met up with an assistant dean at Simmons College today to discuss transfering my remaining two classes to Simmons from another university so that I can move down to New York in August when I marry my dear Annie. It looks like it will work well. I also met with my faculty advisor on this and he also thinks it will work well.

I also had my Music Librarianship class which went pretty well.

Annie

I had a nice discussion tonight with Annie about the future, and me possibly being a teacher, following the same track she did in New York, with Teaching Fellows a few years back that got her the job she has now. I'm not sure right now if I do want to follow that track. i think i feel that would be a good fall back position if the professional librarian career doesn't pan out like i want it, or at all. we'll see what the future holds. for the time being, I like the direction of my future.

---Nick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home