Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Violence in America

so I am sitting here at my desk at work at the library and a black woman and her son, probably 8 or 10 years old, come up to the desk to ask a question. the son asks if there was a computer spot available. The moment he finishes with his question, his mother smacks his shoulder and says "Wha'cha doin' askin' the question for me!" The boy shuts up and the mother asks the very same question as if he never asked it. I answer as if the violent act did not occur and they walk away.

That kid is going to grow up thinking it is perfectly fine and suitable to hit someone if they feel like it. There was no justification for the mother to hit him. It almost seemed that she was disgusted to have him with her, felt so full of arrogance and of herself that she probably wondered why she had to deal with him.

So why is it so easy for some Americans to hit other, especially their own children, in public, without thinking anything wrong of it? This was the second time I've seen a mother hit her child in public here at the library.

I wish America can start a debate about the amount of violence, real violence, and not just the violence on TV and in video games, and ask itself why it likes to be so violent one to another.

1 Comments:

Blogger Adam Clair Stremler said...

Hey there, what a great site! A real enlightening blog.
I will definitely bookmark you!
This is my favorite site at the moment:
Absolute Automotive
Regards,
Adam

Wednesday, September 14, 2005 6:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home