Monday, April 10, 2006

My Post-LDSLinkup Days...

I once again have left LDSLinkup, and I think this time it is for good. Jed (the owner) has a good website, but his rules and management are a bit medieval, so he won't get any good advertisement from me. It's a blessing in disguise though as I've been wanting to leave the site for a long time, but couldn't on my own. It was too fun talking politics there. And even though I got banned from the political board, on my friends board, I created a thread called "Thoughts on Politics" that went over 1000 posts!

I've been on that site for a year and a half, started posting in September, 2004, on the 13th with an awesome thread called "Why Is Osama Bin Laden Still Alive?" In its entirety, that thread got over 1300 posts and was quite polemic. That question needed to be asked, and still needs to be asked of the Bush Administration. Why is the person who attacked us (Osama Bin Laden) roaming free and the person who did not attack us (Saddam Hussein) sitting in a court room?

On Linkup, I posted the most out of anybody on the entire website, posting a total of almost 40,000 posts (just on the regular message boards) and probably another 1500 or so on the friends boards. Only one other individual came close to being as frequent of a poster as I was, and that was Douglas (aka Mavs, Go Mavs, etc). He probably posted a total of 35,000 posts, and he recently was kicked out of the website.

This is where my beef with Jed comes in. He's kicking people off his entire site for posts on the message boards, when he could easily just ban people from posting, so that they could still use the other more valuable functions on his site, such as collecting a list of all your friends in one place so it makes it easier to communicate with them. It's funny, because Jed is a pretty smart guy, graduating from Stanford and Harvard among other places, and is a millionaire entrepreneur, but yet he can't see something this easy....

In any case, I am very appreciative of the site, because that is where I met my wife. Yes, I found my love on the internet. We weren't attracted to each other as we were chatting online though; we were just friends. But one day, as I was living in Rhode Island and she in New York City, I decided to go down and visit the city. She showed me around, and I found that I was attracted to her. The rest is history. :)

That is perhaps why it has been difficult to leave the site, because of its importance in my life. I had waited for so long to find a good woman, and this site was the means to that end.

But now begin my post-linkup days.

In these post linkup days, I will keep up my political thoughts here on RHMD's Thoughts on Politics. This blog will be more for day to day things that I may feel like writing. I'll spend more time on creative things, such as stories or music....at least I hope to be getting back into that. Creative blocks are a pain sometimes!

So that is that

3 Comments:

Blogger Bonfire said...

Dan, Linkup is going to be wierd without you and Doug. I usually don't post on the politics board because I don't want to get into fights with people, but I enjoy reading what people have to say and see different points of view. But, I guess that if you had all that time to post 40,000 posts, you can redirect it and now you will be spending it changing diapers and staying up all night feeding a new baby instead! I'm happy for you and Jamie :)

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 1:54:00 AM  
Blogger nicolaepadigone said...

thanks Bonfire. :)

yes, it is good to be away from linkup now. I actually had the inkling of being creative last night, of wanting to get in front of the computer and try composing some music again. :)

i best get to it before the baby is born!

Dan

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 1:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what is this site all about??? i typed in ldslinkup on google and it came up with this...ldslinkup is great! Ive met the love of my life on it :D

Thursday, November 02, 2006 5:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home